Experience with Multanova out of tune

60seconds

Publicaciones recomendadas

Since Multanova 6F is used a lot in my country, I was wondering about your experience when the radar frequency it is out of tune?

I read something about a Peugeot 307 "descalibrado", but couldn't understand very much.

My STI-R never missed an alert, expect ones, but maybe the Multanova was just off in this case.

Do you turn off the neighboring Ka-segments, or activate Ka-wideband?

How often do you encounter a Multanova which is out of tune?

Thanks for sharing....

Enlace al comentario
Compartir en otros sitios web

Hi 60seconds, here in Spain there are very few out of tune Multanovas. We´ve located 2 or 3 in Galicia (North-West Spain) and Cataluña (North-East).

Anyway, the solution to this stuff is this config, Ka-segments 3,4 on(normal setup for Multanova is only Ka4)and the rest off. With that config you cover the whole homologated frecuency range for that speed cam.

Here we also use the 8th segment to detect RAI-2002 (35.5 GHz spanish made radar)

Cheers.

Enlace al comentario

We have at least two Multanova 6F that are out of tune in Spain. The Bel STi-R can still detect these out of tune radars since its Ka segments in the Sti-R are "wider" than the other detectors (500Mhz vs 200MHz) and so in the Multanova's 34,3GHz segment, while Bel975 or Stinguer DSI for example will not detect it if it falls out of tune, the STi-R will because instead of listening to 100+/-MHz around the 33,4GHZ, the STi-R listens to +/-250MHz I believe it is, and that is enough to still cover an out of tune Multanova.

Still some users take the precaution of activating the neighboring segments to 34,3GHz just in case, without an apparently drop in detection range as reported by them.

Enlace al comentario

Hi 60seconds, here in Spain there are very few out of tune Multanovas. We´ve located 2 or 3 in Galicia (North-West Spain) and Cataluña (North-East).

At what frequency are they running?

...while Bel975 or Stinguer DSI for example will not detect it if it falls out of tune, the STi-R will because instead of listening to 100+/-MHz around the 33,4GHZ, the STi-R listens to +/-250MHz I believe it is, and that is enough to still cover an out of tune Multanova.

Hello Carlos!

Nice to hear from you again! :hi:

We've been doing some tests lately and discovered that the Stinger has a very short Ka-frequency-window. Radar frequency less than 34,22 GHz was ignored. So it must be 34,3GHz +- 80 MHz, which is very close.

Enlace al comentario

Hello Carlos!

Nice to hear from you again! :hi:

We've been doing some tests lately and discovered that the Stinger has a very short Ka-frequency-window. Radar frequency less than 34,22 GHz was ignored. So it must be 34,3GHz +- 80 MHz, which is very close.

You too :beer:

I have a Stinger DSI and it has not detected the out of tune Multanova we have in my area, so indeed it must have a narrow Ka band sweep

Enlace al comentario

• 1 año más tarde...

Unirse a la conversación

Puedes publicar ahora y registrarte más tarde. Si tienes una cuenta, conecta ahora para publicar con tu cuenta.

Responder a esta discusión...

×   Pegar como texto enriquecido.   Pegar como texto sin formato

Sólo se permiten 75 emoji.

×   Tu enlace se ha incrustado automáticamente..   Mostrar como un enlace en su lugar

×   Se ha restaurado el contenido anterior.   Limpiar editor

×   No se pueden pegar imágenes directamente. Carga o inserta imágenes desde la URL.

• Explorando recientemente   0 miembros

• No hay usuarios registrados viendo esta página.